This video is sponsored by the Duke Clinical Medical Series.
* Management of Acute Heart Failure
* Acute Decompensated Congestive Heart Failure (CHF): Definition
* Therapeutic Goals
* Fluid Retention and LVD
* Classic Therapies for Acute CHF
* Potential Problems with Classic Therapies for Acute CHF
* Benefit Equation of Inotropic Rx
* Definition of Advanced CHF: Candidates for Low Output
* Subacute Cardiac Insufficiency: Low Output Syndrome
* Case Example: HAVA The Eyeball Test
Dr. Joe Rogers has indicated that he is a member of the GlaxoSmithKline Speakers Bureau.
The guest faculty, Kirkwood Adams, MD, has indicated that he receives research/grant
support from Scios and Otsuka: and he acts as a consultant for Scios, Abbott, and Otsuka.